Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yosemite Pete

Tuesday 28 October
Took us about 4 hours Mariposa where we checked in before heading off to Yosemite which was another hour down the road. Accommodation is hard to get, and pretty expensive in Yosemite so this was to get this accommodation here. We headed straight for Curry Village where there is a climbing school and Pete booked in for a personalised climb the next day at Yosemite Falls, on climbs called Commitment (5.9) at 350 feet with 3 pitches and Selaginella (5.8) at 550 feet and 4 pitches. Did a short walk to Bridal Veil Falls and watched the sun go down on El Capitan before heading back for the night.

Wednesday 29 October
Left Mariposa at 7am to get back to Curry Village where Pete was met with by Nat, a lead climber with some great experience where they talked about the climbs they were going to do during the day. By 9am they were off into the wilderness with Pete climbing into 7th heaven. I spent the day driving to different view points and doing short walks, and by 3pm I was back at the carpark waiting for Pete to come back, and cracked a bottle of champagne while sitting and watching the animals and the wildlife all around. The animals hunt in groups, manned with a camera in hand, hoping to spot some wildlife to capture on film. The wildlife on the other hand, wait until an animal has finally put down the camera, then they run out in front of them, do a little dance, then run away and laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec and Pete,
I'm so enjoying reading your travel diary, but I'm unable to respond!
My blog account has expired, I've tried emailing abharmony twice and it has bounced back both times. Rob and me went to see your mum's exhibition last night at 45 flinders lane downstairs and she was not exhibiting . . .
help! I hope you receive this message! Claire X